I decided to put a spin on one of the most stereotypical ‘beach drinks,’ the Sex on the Beach cocktail, and add a bit of Rocky Mountain flair. Sex on the Rockies shakes things up by swapping out the traditional peach schnapps for a Rocky Mountain Blackberry Liqueur, and the cranberry juice for mango nectar, creating an interesting combination of hearty and tropical fruit resulting in a drink that is both beach-light and mountain-stout.
- 1 ½ Ounces Vodka (I used Silver Tree Vodka brewed in Denver, CO)
- 1 Ounce Blackberry Liqueur (I used Leopold Bros Rocky Mountain Blackberry Liqueur)
- 2 Ounces Orange Juice
- 2 Ounces Mango Nectar
1. Add vodka, blackberry liqueur, orange juice, and mango nectar to a cocktail shaker.
2. Fill the shaker with ice and shake vigorously until all ingredients are mixed well and chilled.
3. Pour the mixture into a cocktail glass filled with ice.
4. Garnish with slices of mango and orange.
If you would like to see more of my Summer Drink Series concoctions on my healthy living blog click the button below to pop on over!